Your fixed price projects can have one or more milestones:
- It can be a one-time project with a specific task;
- It can be an ongoing project where you can create several milestones - for example, weekly, monthly, per project phases, etc.
Please note that the first milestone is automatically funded when you send the job offer through the platform. For subsequent milestones, you'll need to create and fund them manually. This gives you better financial control and a chance to review the work before proceeding to the next phase.
1 - Creating milestones
To create milestones, please log in to your account, and access the My Jobs - Active Jobs page and click on the "Fixed" tab:
- Click on the job to enter it and add the new milestone. If all the previous milestones are completed and approved, you'll see a pop-up below - you can simply click "Add Milestone" to create a new one:
- If your contract still has pending milestones, and you want to add new ones, you can do it by scrolling down until you find the "Add Milestone" button:
- Fill in all your milestone fields - you can even assign it a project code, and click "Create Milestone" to complete the process:
2 - Funding milestones
Remember that only the first milestone is automatically funded, and you'll have to fund the subsequent milestones manually.
Once you've created a milestone, its status will be "Pending" - this means the milestone is not yet funded:
To fund it, click the three vertical dots on the right and select "Fund":
You'll see the message "Milestone funded successfully", and the status will change to "Active" - this means your independent contractor is now able to submit the milestone for you approval once the work is done.
3 - Aproving milestones
You'll be notified once your contractor submits the milestone.
Once you log in to your account, you'll see your active contracts directly on the Dashboard, or you can go to the "My Jobs - Active Jobs" page.
The milestone will now be on the "Review" status:
Click on the "Review Milestone button" and on the "Accept" button to approve it: