Signing up as an independent contractor on Work for Impact is quick and easy. Follow the steps below to set up your account so you can start helping impactful clients with their world-changing projects!
- Go to workforimpact.com and click the "Join us" button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click "Looking for work as an independent contractor" to create your independent contractor account:
- On the next page, you can choose how you'll create your CV - uploading directly from LinkedIn or creating your own CV manually. Click on the option you prefer to continue with the sign-up process:
- On the next page, you should fill in your first and last name and set your location and timezone.
After entering these details, click "Next: Profile title":
- You can follow the steps on the screen to complete your profile and get it ready for review. Please note that for your account to be sent for review, you should add a profile picture, a profile title and a profile description.
Profile Title: a few words or a short sentence describing what you do so that a client can have an immediate idea of who you are as a professional. For example, "Customer Support Specialist", "Talented and Experienced Writer", "Front End Developer with five years of experience", "Graphic Designer and Illustrator", etc.
Profile Description: state what services you provide, your knowledge and experience, your main skills, your soft skills, the software you are skilled in using, etc.
Profile Photo: upload a picture that shows your face clearly and is professional-looking. The kind of photo you would upload in your CV, for example, or use for an ID document. This will make your profile more appealing and engaging and will even increase your chances of being hired for a project.
Feel free to check this article from our blog on how to create a stellar profile!
- Your account will be submitted for review! Our team will assess your account and get back to you with the result. 🙂