Signing up is FREE! It costs $0 to register for a Freelancer account on Work For Impact!
All freelancers can automatically start with our Free Package. This is our basic package and it doesn’t come with any additional cost except for the service fee that is deducted from the Freelancer's earnings as explained below.
Want to go beyond the basic package? Would you like to make your profile stand out?
We prepared other options for you! if you wish to have more exposure and have more chances of submitting a proposal, you can purchase additional Boost or Impacts or, you may opt for the Impactful Package. Purchasing the Impactful package or additional Boosts or Impacts is voluntary.
Work For Impact deducts a service fee of 10% from the Freelancer's earnings up to a total of $10,000.00 per client. Once that earnings threshold is reached for a particular client, the fee is reduced to 5%.
This fee structure applies to all job types - Per Hour Jobs or Fixed-price Jobs. See sample calculation below:
Example 1 - Per Hour Job
Freelancer-1 was hired by Client-A as Customer Support with a rate of $10/hour at 40 hours/week. To be able to meet the threshold of $10,000, Freelancer-1 will have to work for at least 25 weeks. All the earnings during this period are charged 10%.
If Freelancer-1 works for Client-A for a longer-term, her earnings from Week 26 onwards will be charged a 5% service fee only.
- At $10/hr. x 40 hours/week = $400
- $400 x 10% = $40
- Net earnings of Freelancer-1 for Week 1 up to Week 25 is $360
- At Week 26, $10/hr. x 40 hours = $400 is charged 5%
- $400 x 5% = $20
- Net earnings of Freelancer-1 from Week 26 onwards is $380
Example 2 - Fixed Price Job:
FL-1 worked with Client-A for the first on a website development project that cost $5,000.
- The total cost of $5000 is below the $10,000 threshold, thus this earning will have a service of 10% deduction.
- $5000 x 10% = $500
- Net earnings of FL-1 is $4,500
- Client-A had another project. He contracted FL-1 again to build an App. Total project cost: $6000
- Client-A is a repeat client.
- New project cost of $6000 brings the total earnings of FL-1 from Client-A above the threshold
- The fee will be calculated as follows:
- $5000 x 10% = $500
- $1000 x 5% = $50
- The total service to be deducted is $550 and net earning of FL-1 from the 2nd contract is $5,450.