How do I sign up as a Freelancer?
I can't find my expertise
How do I verify my skills on Work for Impact?
I just signed up as a freelancer. How do I get started?
How do I edit my freelancer profile?
Getting jobs on Work for Impact
How do I sign up as a client?
How do I edit my client profile?
I've just signed up as a client. How do I get started?
How can I manage my projects?
How do I suggest a new rate for my freelancer?
How do I file a dispute against a freelancer?
How do I end my contract with a freelancer?
Hiring on Work for Impact
What is a freelancer?
How do I search for freelancers on Work for Impact?
How do I make sure I hire the right freelancer?
How does Work for Impact attract reliable, quality freelancers?
Why would I use Work for Impact instead of paying freelancers directly?
How do I hire freelancers on Work for Impact?
About Work for Impact
What is Work for Impact?
Who can use Work for Impact?
What makes Work for Impact different?
How to share your ideas and feedback
How to report a bug
Get help using Work for Impact
What is a 'freelance platform'?
Can I work on multiple freelance platforms at once?
Can I migrate my work history from another platform?
What is the freelancer rating and how does it work?
What is the client rating and how does it work?
What are verified freelancers?
I've failed a skill test. What can I do?
What are the expectations for clients?
What are the expectations for freelancers?
What are Impacts?
Why do we verify our users' identities?
Billing and Accounts
What are the costs involved?
Is my data secure?
How do I close my account?
What kind of payment protection do you offer?
Work for Impact Community
Updated by Work for Impact
Before you begin sending out proposals we recommend you customize your profile to let potential clients know your skills, qualifications, and interests.
Follow the steps below to complete your profile:
- Customize Your Background: Add a custom background to your profile to give it some personal flair.
- Upload a Profile Photo: It's important to add a face to the name and let clients see who they're dealing with. Upload a photo clearly showing your face - keep it friendly and professional!
- Write your Bio: Describe your background, including your education, work history, and any other information organizations should know. Please do not include any links to external websites/profiles or your contact information.
- Edit Your Availability: Let clients know your preferred rate and how many hours per week to work.
- Add Skills: Show off your skills to potential clients.
- Edit Your Languages: Display any languages you're able to speak and how fluent you are with them.
- Add Employment and Education History: Let potential clients know about your work history and education.
- Upload Portfolio Items: Upload samples of your previous work and display them on your profile.
- Share Impact and Personal Goals: Let your clients know your goals and what you hope to achieve on this platform and in your career. Impact goals tell clients how you want to make a positive difference while personal goals are any other goals you might have for yourself.