In this article
Updated by Work for Impact
Signing up as a client on Work for Impact is quick and easy. Follow the steps below to set up your account so you can start bringing your impactful projects to life!
- Go to workforimpact.com and click "Sign Up" in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select "Start as a Client."
- Enter a valid email address.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter a password. Your password must contain 8-20 characters, and at least one capital letter, lower-case letter, number, and special character.
- Click "Get Started" to submit your information.
Setting Up Your Profile
- After completing the steps above your account will be created and you'll be taken to your client dashboard. However, we recommend setting up your profile. To complete this step, click the "Start Set-Up" button at the top of the page.
- First, you'll need to select what type of organization you are. If you're working independently select "Impactful Individual." If you're working on behalf of a larger organization select "Impactful Organization."
- Click the "+" icon to upload a profile picture. You can either use an organizational logo or a photo of yourself. If you're uploading a photo of yourself the photo should focus on your face and look professional.
- Choose a title for your profile. We recommend using your name or the name of your organization.
- Enter a description of your organization. You can include information about how you got started, the type of work you do, your future goals, and anything else you'd like freelancers to know.
- Describe how you want to make a positive impact on the world.
- Select your impact areas. These are the various causes you support and the areas of society that you're trying to make a difference in.
- Select your primary location and timezone.
- Click "Save & Continue" once you're ready to continue.
Verifying Your Identity
We verify the identities of all of our users for your protection and to provide a safe working environment for both clients and freelancers. Click here to learn more about why we verify our users' identities. We've partnered with SumSub to help us verify the identities of our users. Note that any data you submit as part of this process is protected. Click here to learn more about SumSub's Data Protection Policy.
Follow the steps below to verify your identity:
- Click "Next" to launch our identity verification process. Make sure to have a piece of photo ID ready before proceeding.
- Click the boxes to agree to agree to SumSub's Terms and Conditions and to agree to let SumSub process your persona data. Then click "Next" to begin.
- Select your location.
- Indicate which type of photo ID you'll be uploading. You'll have a few different options depending on where you're located.
- Take a picture of the front and back of your ID. Make sure that all corners of the document are visible in the photo.
- Click on the corresponding buttons to upload your images.
- Once your images have been uploaded, click "Confirm and Proceed."
- Next, you'll need to submit a photo of yourself. Click "I'm Ready" to begin. Follow the instructions and frame your face in the small oval, then the large oval.
- Once your photo has been submitted, click "Next."
- Review the images you have submitted. Click "Edit" if you would like to upload new photos. Once you're satisfied click "Next" to continue.
- After you submit your images we'll review them. This process usually takes 1-3 minutes. Once it's complete the status of your account will be changed and you'll be notified whether your identity verification was successful. If your images are approved your identity will be verified and you can click "Finish" to complete the process. If there's an issue with your images you can try resubmitting new photos or contact customer support for further assistance.