Updated by Work for Impact
Once you find a job that you're interested in by using the "Search Jobs" feature, you'll have the opportunity to submit a proposal to the client. A proposal is essentially an application for the job and will allow you to tell the client about your skills and experience, and why you're a good fit for their project.
How to submit a proposal
- Use the "Search Jobs" page to search for jobs that meet your requirements.
- Once you find a job you're interested in, click the "Show More" button.
- Review the job description, requirements, and information about the client. If you decide you'd like to submit a proposal for the job click the "Send Proposal" button.
- Answer the client's questions (if they've included any). Provide thorough and detailed answers to let the client know you have a solid grasp of the subject matter required for the project.
- Once you've answered the client's questions, click on "Add Cover Letter."
- Use the field provided to submit your rate for the project.
- Use the field below to submit your cover letter. When writing your cover letter, include information about your background, work history, skills, experience, why you're a good fit for the job, and how you can help the client with their project.
- Once you're happy with your cover letter click "Send Proposal" to submit your proposal.
- You can click on the "Proposals" button in the Freelancer menu to monitor the status of your active proposals.