How do I sign up as a Freelancer?
I can't find my expertise
How do I verify my skills on Work for Impact?
I just signed up as a freelancer. How do I get started?
How do I edit my freelancer profile?
How do I update my Portfolio?
Getting jobs on Work for Impact
How do I sign up as a client?
How do I edit my client profile?
I've just signed up as a client. How do I get started?
How can I manage my projects?
How do I suggest a new rate for my freelancer?
How do I file a dispute against a freelancer?
How do I end my contract with a freelancer?
Hiring on Work for Impact
What is a freelancer?
How do I search for freelancers on Work for Impact?
How do I make sure I hire the right freelancer?
How does Work for Impact attract reliable, quality freelancers?
Why would I use Work for Impact instead of paying freelancers directly?
How do I hire freelancers on Work for Impact?
About Work for Impact
What is Work for Impact?
Who can use Work for Impact?
What makes Work for Impact different?
How to share your ideas and feedback
How to report a bug
Get help using Work for Impact
What is a 'freelance platform'?
Can I work on multiple freelance platforms at once?
Can I migrate my work history from another platform?
What is the freelancer rating and how does it work?
What is the client rating and how does it work?
What are verified freelancers?
I've failed a skill test. What can I do?
What are the expectations for clients?
What are the expectations for freelancers?
What are Impacts?
Why do we verify our users' identities?
Billing and Accounts
What are the costs involved?
Is my data secure?
How do I close my account?
What kind of payment protection do you offer?
Work for Impact Community
Updated by Work for Impact
Once you find a job that you're interested in by using the "Search Jobs" feature, you'll have the opportunity to submit a proposal to the client. A proposal is essentially an application for the job and will allow you to tell the client about your skills and experience, and why you're a good fit for their project.
How to submit a proposal
- Use the "Search Jobs" page to search for jobs that meet your requirements.
- Once you find a job you're interested in, click the "Show More" button.
- Review the job description, requirements, and information about the client. If you decide you'd like to submit a proposal for the job click the "Send Proposal" button.
- Answer the client's questions (if they've included any). Provide thorough and detailed answers to let the client know you have a solid grasp of the subject matter required for the project.
- Once you've answered the client's questions, click on "Add Cover Letter."
- Use the field provided to submit your rate for the project.
- Use the field below to submit your cover letter. When writing your cover letter, include information about your background, work history, skills, experience, why you're a good fit for the job, and how you can help the client with their project.
- Once you're happy with your cover letter click "Send Proposal" to submit your proposal.
- You can click on the "Proposals" button in the Freelancer menu to monitor the status of your active proposals.