Updated by Work for Impact
As a freelancer, you'll have the option to select and verify your skills when you sign up and complete your profile or anytime later as a member of the Work for Impact community. You can verify additional skills by going to your profile page, at your convenience.
There are two methods used to verify skills. The method you use will depend on the skill that you're verifying.
For some skills, the verification test includes an automated and timed test that walks you through a series of questions related to your skill. In order to be verified, you must meet the minimum score requirements within the allotted time. The minimum score requirement, and a freelancer's performance on a test, will not be known to freelancers to help prevent exploitation.
If you don't pass the test on your first attempt you can take the test one more time. If you don't meet the requirements on your second attempt you will have to wait one (1) week before taking the test again.
Any skill that doesn't have an automated test associated with it will require our manual verification process. You'll be asked to submit links to your professional profiles (LinkedIn, Xing, Development Aid, etc.) and upload your resume and other professional documents.
Our team will then review your submissions to determine whether you meet the requirements for the skill in question. If we need further information we may reach out to you to schedule a video interview.
How to Verify Your Skills During the Sign-Up Process
During the sign-up process you'll have the option to verify one or more skills. Follow the steps below to choose and verify your skills:
- You have two options for selecting skills. Your first option is to choose skills from the list of suggested skills.
- Or you can use the "Find More Skills" box to select your skills. Click the arrow at the right of the box to activate the drop-down menu and scroll through all the available skills. You can also type skills in to search for them. If your skill doesn't appear, type in the skill and then click the "Add [Insert Skill]" button underneath.
- Once you've selected all of your skills click "Continue" to move on to the verification process.
- Your skills will be listed and it will be indicated whether they require an automated test or our manual verification process.
- Click "Begin [Insert Skill] Test" to launch to begin an automated test.
- Click "Verify [Insert Skill]" to launch our manual verification process.
- For automated tests, follow the instructions within the test and answer the questions within the allotted time. If you don't meet our minimum score requirements you can attempt the test again. However, if you fail a second time you'll have to wait one week before taking the test again.
- For our manual verification process, read the instructions then click "Begin Verification" to submit your links and documents.
- Add links to your professional profiles (avoid sharing social media links such as Facebook or Twitter). You can click "Add Additional Links" to add links to more profiles.
- You can also upload your resume, certificates, and any other relevant documents.
- Once you've added your professional profile links and uploaded your documents click "Submit Form" to send your materials to our team for review.
- If we require additional information to complete your skill verification we may reach out to you to schedule a video interview.
How to Verify Additional Skills After You've Completed Your Profile
If you'd like to verify additional skills after you've set-up your profile you can do so through the following process:
- Click your name in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click "Profile."
- Scroll down and click the pencil icon next to "Categories & Verified Skills."
- Use the "Find More Skills" box to select your skills. Click the arrow at the right of the box to activate the drop-down menu and scroll through all the available skills. You can also type skills into the box to search for them. If your skill doesn't appear, type the skill in and then click the "Add [Insert Skill]" button underneath.
- Once you've selected all the skills you'd like to verify, click "Save Skills."
- Click "Verify Skills"
- Click on a skill to launch the automated test or begin the manual verification process.