In this article
Updated by Work for Impact
Signing up as a freelancer on Work for Impact is quick and easy. Follow the steps below to set up your account so you can start helping impactful clients with their world-changing projects!
- Go to workforimpact.com and click "Sign Up" in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click "Freelancer" to sign up as a freelancer.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Enter a password. Your password must contain 8-20 characters, and at least one capital letter, lower-case letter, number, and special character.
- Click "Get Started" to submit your information.
Setting Up Your Profile
- After completing the steps above your account will be created and you'll be taken to the profile creation page. Click the "+" icon at the top of the page to upload a profile picture. Your photo should focus on your face and look professional.
- Choose a title for your profile. The title will appear at the top of your profile and should sum up your primary skills and what you have to offer clients.
- Use the field provided to write a description for your profile. You can include information on your background, education, work experience, strengths, skills, and anything else you'd like clients to know.
- Select a category for your profile. This is the general type of work that you do.
- Select your expertise. This is the specific area that your freelance business focuses on.
- Enter your primary location. Once you select your location an additional box will appear to allow you to enter your timezone.
- Select your English proficiency. You can also add additional languages if you wish.
- Click "Finish Setup" to submit your information.
- Once you submit your information you'll receive an email asking you to confirm your email address. Click the link in the message to verify your email.
After you sign up to Work for Impact there are some additional steps you should take to complete your account: